Saturday, July 12, 2014

Remembering Live Aid

On July 13, 1985, one of the most remarkable concerts ever took place, Live Aid, the two stadium extravaganza which was put together to draw attention to hunger in Africa. As a young teen back then, I vividly remember the events of that day, and I followed it all day by radio and then, at night, by TV.  I did a previous post on it, which you can see here.  





Here's the first part of a fascinating documentary about how Live Aid came together, focusing particularly of the work of Bob Geldolf. It brings you back to the '80s, and shows just how much effort and concern went into this project. Frankly, my favorite part is where Geldolf tells off the murderous dictator of Ethiopia to his face... you go Bob!!  



Unfortunately, I could not locate the other part of that documentary. How about instead Queen's remarkable performance at that event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment