Monday, February 13, 2017
Sunday, February 5, 2017
Bud Light put out a Super Bowl commercial featuring the ghost of Spuds MacKenzie.
Spuds was always portrayed as a fun-loving good times party goer, and always the center of attention, especially from the ladies.
According to Wikipedia the very first Spuds McKenzie commercial aired as a Super Bowl ad in 1987. Also, interestingly, Spuds, a Bull Terrier, "who was portrayed as male in the commercials, was actually female."
Alas, Spuds, whose real name was Honey Tree Evil Eye, succumbed in 1993 to kidney failure.
Here's to you Spuds . . . may you always be in that never-ending '80s party in the sky.
(Recognition and thanks to Budlight, Rtrt67, Retroguy80s, and Betmax for Youtube videos.)
Friday, February 3, 2017
Here are some of his best lines from his '80s routine:
- "For my birthday I got a humidifier and a dehumidifier...I put them in the same room and let them fight it out."
- "Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- "Winny and I lived in a house that ran on static electricity...If you wanted to run the blender, you had to rub balloons on your head. If you wanted to cook, you had to pull off a sweater real quick."
- "My house is made out of balsa wood, so when I want to scare the neighborhood kids I lift it over my head and tell them to get out of my yard or I'll throw it at them."
- "I went to the hardware store and bought some used paint. It was in the shape of a house. I also bought some batteries, but they weren't included. So I had to buy them again."
- "The judge asked, "What do you plead?" I said, "Insanity, your honour, who in their right mind would park in the passing lane?""
- "All of the people in my building are insane. The guy above me designs synthetic hairballs for ceramic cats. The lady across the hall tried to rob a department store...with a pricing gun. She said, "Give me all of the money in the vault, or I'm marking down everything in the store.""
- "In my house there's this light switch that doesn't do anything. Every so often I would flick it on and off just to check. Yesterday, I got a call from a woman in Germany. She said, "Cut it out.""
- There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.